Thursday, February 21, 2013

This little piggy....

I've dealt with frequent ingrown toenails for as long as I can remember. The older I got, the more difficult it was to catch them early and dig them out. They became worse and worse, often becoming infected and requiring medical intervention to remove them. Today, I finally had the surgery to permanently remove the sides of each nail on the outside edge of both big toes so that they NEVER. EVER. GROW. BACK. I was literally petrified to have this procedure. But, giving I'm ready to resume running in March, it was necessary. Not to mention the pain I've been dealing with in recent months from ingrowns....

I've signed up (again) for the No Boundaries 5K training program beginning in March at a local running store. I signed up last year, but had to back out because of my plantar fasciitis. I'm currently undergoing cold laser therapy on my feet with my chiropractor to try to help. It seems to be helping. I'm not sure if it is a placebo effect or it is really helping. I guess either way, it doesn't matter.

I've also signed up to run The Color Run again! This time right here in Buffalo in August!

I'll let the following pictures and a few captions tell the story of my very eventful day today...

Before leaving the house this morning.
(I used to think my feet weren't terribly unattractive.)
 

We had to stop for gas on the way. My husband bought me a scratch-off ticket. I won $20!
 

Ready to get this over with. Hope there is enough numbing stuff on that table!
 

Holy $h!t! Look at those daggers! No wonder my poor toes hurt so bad! Those sharp pointy pieces were digging into my toes.


All dressed up and no where to go, except the couch for a few days!
 

Home in time to catch the second Budweiser Duel race. That right toe is throbbing pretty good. It feels like when your toes are warming up after going numb from being so cold. You know that weird feeling...
 
Here's hoping these heal up quickly! I'm ready to take back charge of my life. Speaking of which, today is my 1-year anniversary of joining Weight Watchers for the last time. While I've not made any progress in terms of losing weight in recent months, I plan on turning that around. I'm reading The Beck Diet Solution right now. It is based on Cognitive Behavior Therapy - changing how you think and training your brain to think differently. Hoping it helps me get out of this rut I'm in! 

No comments:

Post a Comment