Tuesday, February 21, 2012

On hiatus....

I'm currently on break. From work. And from trying to conceive.

My husband and I recently had a heart to heart and agreed that it would be best for me to focus on myself for a little while and let trying to conceive take the back burner. I've spent the past 5+ years solely focusing on getting pregnant. I've let my interests fall by the wayside. I've let my health deteriorate. And I've gained weight. It's time to take the reigns back and focus on my mental and physical health.

I don't know where our path will lead in terms of trying to conceive. But for now, I strongly feel that getting my head and body in sync and in a better place will only help me to make that decision when the time comes.

So, for the time being, my blog may morph from being a TTC blog to more of a place for me to share what I'm doing to become healthier and regain control of MY life.

Thank you all for the support you have offered us during this difficulty journey.

Stick with us - I assure you our journey isn't over. Come hell or high water, we will find a way to our baby.

5 comments:

  1. That's a wonderful attitude to hang on to! I'll be reading whatever comes next :) Best of luck to you, in whatever you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you Jen! I know that I will also need a serious break if my latest IVF doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will continue to follow your journey and pray for you on a regular basis. You are going to make a wonderful mother one day and I know one way or another it will happen for you. Sending you a gigantic virtual hug babe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely understand where you are coming from and have been feeling the need to do the same thing this year. DH is having varicocele surgery in a couple months and since there isn't much else we can do to TTC for many months after that, I've been thinking this might be the time to try to lose all the weight I've put on while focusing on everything but myself the last few years. I'll support you every step of the way, and hopefully we can be successful together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More power to US to get our asses in shape! Let's do this!! It'll only help us in the long run!

      Delete