As of last week Tuesday, I'm down a grand total of 37.5 pounds! (Not to mention I lost 5.5" this past month alone. I started doing measurements last month - chest, arms, legs, hips and waist.) I had to buy some new clothes yesterday to help me get to the end of the school year! I don't want to spend a lot of money right now, but I can't deny the fact that my pants literally are falling off. I bought a new pair of black capris for work, as well as two shirts and a dress. And the best part - I was excited to not have to shop in the plus size section! This is what we weight-watchers call a "non-scale victory", or NSV!
On Thursday, I ran outside with Kym. It. was. HARD. We ran and walked because I literally felt like I was going to die. Of course, I must mention it was like 85, windy and hilly. It was much harder than I remember my first outdoor run in 2010 being. But, the beauty of not doing as well at something as you thought you would first day out of the gate - you only have room for improvement! I have about five weeks until my 5K. I CAN and WILL do this.
Sadly, I did not do any cardio yesterday or today. (I always rest one of these two days, but not both.) I felt exhausted this week...like "asleep on the couch before Jeopardy, in bed by 8" exhausted. I needed a break. I'm pushing my body and mind harder than I ever have, and I'm not ashamed that I took a break. I just need to be sure I get back on track tomorrow with my leg and shoulder workout. Ugh...I DREAD the leg workout. It kicks my ass. I swear my friend/trainer Sarah who designed this program for me is trying to kill me. Squats. Lunges. Reverse lunges. Four sets of 20. Add in some leg extensions and leg presses. My legs scream just thinking about it! I am sore for days after. In fact, I usually am sore until the weekend after that workout.
On Tuesday, I had dinner with some of the girls from my infertility support group. In a nutshell, I felt like I don't belong there anymore. I'm still trying to process my feelings about that evening, so for now, I'll leave it at that.
Ok, it is time for me to have my treat I've been looking forward to all day. My strawberry shortcake!
No comments:
Post a Comment