Tuesday is the day I weigh in at Weight Watchers. I go to the gym after school for my cardio workout, and then I head to WW. I lost 1.4 pounds this week for a grand total of 39 pounds lost! I can't even begin to tell you how good this makes me feel...
Tuesday's meeting topic was *motivation*. I spent the whole car ride home thinking about motivation, and wondering if it really is motivation that is keeping me going.
I realized it isn't motivation moving me forward, but determination. Determination is defined as, "the act of coming to a decision". I made a decision. I decided come hell or high water, I would lose weight and get healthy. No more starting and quitting. I decided I couldn't count on motivation to keep me going. Motivation is short-lived and comes and goes; determination is lifelong. Motivation might provide encouragement, but determination leads to action. Determination keeps us going no matter what.
So, no matter what your motivation is, it is determination that will get you there! Set goals, be motivated, but more importantly, be determined!
I love how you put it "no matter what your motivation is, it is determination that will get you there!" You are so right. Congratulations on your weekly loss and your overall 39 lbs. Stay determined.
ReplyDelete