This Thursday, I will be having surgery to remove my remaining tube. While deep down I think I knew this day would come eventually, I was not entirely prepared for that day to be today. Dr. G scheduled the surgery while I was sitting in his office. I have what is known as hydrosalpinx. This basically means that my tube is grossly enlarged and filled with fluid. This fluid can be toxic to an embryo, which may explain our failed IVF. Regardless, if we are to move forward with treatment, the tube has to go.
I am relieved to think I will no longer have my tubes that have caused me nothing but heartache. However, the thought that I will NEVER, EVER conceive without IVF causes me much sadness and heartache. Even in the face of infertility, I think every woman holds on to some hope each month that pregnancy *could* happen. I feel as if I am being robbed of my fertility. This is a very difficult situation to swallow. Thursday will surely be a very difficult day. I hope I wake up from surgery with a renewed sense of hope, and not just sadness at what I am losing.
I really liked Dr. G. It was clear to me that he studied our chart and knew our case prior to me walking through the door. His bedside manner was phenomenal. I look forward to what the future with him as our doctor may bring.
I'm sorry. That loss of hope is a tough one to swallow. Because of my husband's sperm antibodies we have no chance of getting pregnant without IVF either. It is hard giving up that hope :( Thinking of you, and I hope your surgery is smooth and uneventful.
ReplyDeleteI hope you can see this as a way of moving forward. Hoping you a quick recovery.
ReplyDelete