Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pre-IVF steps...

This morning, my husband and I went to the local QUEST office to have his blood drawn (mandatory HIV and chromosomal "stuff"). (I had mine all drawn yesterday morning.) For those of you who know my husband well, you know he can be difficult when being asked to do something he doesn't want to do. He complied, and it went smoothly. I told him late last night we needed to go for bloodwork this morning (that way he did not have too long to stress about it). This morning, when I woke up, I immediately got ready to leave the house. He followed suit. And off we went...

The next step is to have another semen analysis (at the Andrology Lab at the clinic). Our last one was a couple years ago at a QUEST lab. Apparently, the Clinic likes to do their own when a couple is beginning the IVF process. So, we will get that done and then we will be all set. My husband's "job" will be done until the week of the Egg Retrieval (ER) in December! The fun will begin for me a couple weeks before that!

I'm looking forward to getting my calendar for this cycle when I talk to the nurse on Monday. I'm starting to feel better and better about this decision!

No comments:

Post a Comment