Friday, November 4, 2011

The Plan

I spoke with IVF nurse Kathy yesterday and learned a little more about my IVF cycle. I went for bloodwork this morning and will start birth control pills on Tuesday. I have to get my husband to the office or a lab to get bloodwork done too. Then, when I start stimming using the Antagonist Protocol, I will be injecting Bravelle, Menopur, Ganirelix, Ovidrel, and Progesterone in Oil (PIO). For my friends not well-versed in the lanuguage of IVF, I will explain more in future posts.

Kathy told me she will call me Monday with more information about my calendar. But, as it stands, it looks like my egg retrieval (ER) and embryo transfer (ET) will be the week of December 12th. I'm anxious to talk to her and learn more about when I will end birth control (BC), start stimming, and so forth. Day by day, I'm feeling better about this decision.

From here on out during my IVF journey, I've decided I only have room for positivity in my life! So, if you have nothing positive to say to me, please don't say anything at all! :) While I certainly need to be realistic, I really need my mind to be in a positive place. And I count on my friends and family to help with that! So, I appreciate all the positivity I can get in the weeks to come! I'm lucky to have so many people on my side and hoping and praying for the best for my husband and I!

1 comment:

  1. Well, you know that I am annoyingly positive about every single one of your cycles...so I just KNOW this will work! I am keeping everything crossed and my hopes up high for you! I am so excited for you and can't wait for you to start!

    ReplyDelete