I have a love/hate relationship with food and exercise. I LOVE to eat, and I HATE to exercise.
I struggle every. single. day with my relationship with food. Someone recently compared my quest to lose weight and get healthy with quitting smoking. The only similarity I see is that they are both hard to do and take commitment and determination. The fact is - I NEED food to survive. People don't NEED to smoke to survive. So, I have to mend an unhealthy relationship with food. I can't just "quit" it.
I'm constantly working to mend my relationship with food. I need to eat to live, not live to eat. In the meantime, I'm trying to exercise more. I've been going to the gym twice a week and exercising once at home each week. Over time, my intention is to increase the amount of time I exercise. But from past experiences, I know that too much, too soon is no good for me and that I tend to give up.
One day at a time. That is all I can do.
You are doing great! Working out 3 times a week is a great thing- most people want to start slow and only do it once a week or something and then don't see any results and then just give up. This way I know you will see and feel a change and it will make you feel more like doing it more! Good Job!
ReplyDeleteI think you are doing awesome too! I read on pinterest (yeah, everything is there!) that even going slow is lapping those on the couch! Moving even a little is better than none! Keep going, little by little, things will get better!
ReplyDelete