Today, I am going to see The Hunger Games with my friend Kym and some others. I am SO excited as I finished the first book last night! I HAD to finish it before seeing the movie.
This morning, I took my measurements. I know that the data the scale provides is not "the whole picture", so I decided to bite the bullet and do measurements too. I can't wait to see those numbers go down as well!
I went for a 9.2 mile bike ride on Friday at the Akron bike path with my friend Lori. Heading out, it was fine as the wind was at our back. Heading back, with the wind in our face, was torture. By the time we turned around, my rear end was numb, my thighs were burning, and I was tired. But, I loved every minute of it! I can't wait to get out again!
Yesterday, I did a kettlebell workout with Lori at her house. It was HARD. Too many squats for my liking. Today, I had to hold the wall as I sat down to pee as my legs are SO SORE. But, I will keep at it. I can only get better. It was fun to do it with someone. I just need to find some kettlebells now.
I can't believe how I'm changing emotionally and physically since starting this journey of eating better and exercising. I feel better all the time. My attitude has improved ten-fold. My heart rate doesn't climb as high when I exercise. I need to exert myself harder to get it as high as it was a month ago. I'm actually getting in better shape. My body craves activity daily. And it is easier to eat healthier when I exercise because I don't want to "waste" my efforts by filling my body with crap.
Tuesday, I have a colonoscopy at noon. I don't know if I mentioned in an earlier post back in January that I was pooping out my daily vitamin whole. That is still happening, and I haven't taken that vitamin since January 3rd. I switched to a different kind. A pill kind, not a gel cap. But, as of Wednesday, I am still pooping one out every now and again. I had polyps about 15 years ago when I had a flexible sigmoidoscopy done, so the GI Dr. suspects more polyps have grown. Better to check things out than to be sorry later. I'm already a bit crabby because I can't eat all day Monday or Tuesday until after the procedure. So whatever I eat today has to hold me over until Tuesday late afternoon. UGH. I bought a bottle of apple juice and some Gatorade. I can also have jello (not red or purple) and chicken broth.
I think that about sums it up for today! Enjoy your day!
No comments:
Post a Comment