Today, I had my colonoscopy. While there were no polyps (I'm surprised!), I do have hemorrhoids (not surprised) and diverticulitis (VERY surprised). You can read about diverticulitis HERE. In a nutshell, I need to add more fiber to my diet. I will also take a round of antibiotics, and then add probiotics into my daily routine as well. The doctor believes that the diverticulitis was the cause of all my problems back at the end of 2011 (suspected gallstone incident). I will be researching high fiber foods and will add a fiber supplement. Oh, the joys of getting old(er)!
In better news, I lost 4.4 for a total of 15.8 since starting WW. (I know some of that loss was from the colonoscopy prep, but I'm hoping at least a pound of it was actually from my efforts this past week. I mean, come on, I went to Red Robin and ate without going over my points. While it was my first trip to Red Robin, from what I understand the fries are amazing. And I passed on them.
I need to spend some time tomorrow planning out my meals for the rest of the week. Knowing I couldn't eat yesterday, I didn't plan ahead. For me, planning is ESSENTIAL. I've learned this go around that planning, exercise and determination are key for my success. I missed going to the gym today. I look forward to returning Thursday. I also look forward to the beautiful warm weather we had last week to return so I can get outside and bike again.
Remember, failing to plan is planning to fail.
No comments:
Post a Comment