Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Kissing Ovaries...

We had our IUI this morning. It went well. While my husband's sample wasn't as "abundant" as it has been in the past due to spillage during collection, the motility was still right in the range it always is. 67% motility.

I started the Estrace (estrogen) this morning and will take it twice a day. I start the PIO (progesterone in oil) injections in the morning. Once again, my dear friend Lori is administering that injection because it seems my husband may never get over his fear of needles.

The ultrasound right before the procedure revealed that my ovaries are so full that they are "kissing". When I heard the nurse say "kissing ovaries", naturally I laughed out loud. After composing myself, I pictured my ovaries strolling hand in hand through the park, sharing a special, intimate kiss. Sweet and innocent, no?! Well, unfortunately having kissing ovaries isn't as sweet as it sounds. It is painful. I want my ovaries to be back where they belong, baking and releasing eggs in their own, separate areas of my abdomen.

I go back for blood work to check my progesterone level next Tuesday, and hCg (pregnancy) bloodwork Wednesday, August 22nd. Fingers crossed!

2 comments:

  1. I just caught up on your blog. I am so excited for you!!!

    Thinking about you
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete