So, I was able to obtain a copy of my records from the Buffalo office today. I don't even know where to start...
1. When I explained that I wanted ALL of my records copied, I was asked (in wht was definitely a very rude, "fuck-you" voice) if that included ALL my negative pregnancy tests!? My reply went something like this: "I don't need copies of negative pregnancy tests to remind me that I'm still childless after 3 years at this clinic."
2. I paid $.75/page for a grand total of $73.50 (98 pages). It seems to me that after 38 months (which includes countless IUI's, 2 surgeries, several diagnostic tests (HSG, etc.), blood work, 2 ectopic pregnancies, 1 chemical pregnancy, an IVF, etc.) there would be more to the file. They assured me it is all there. (Upon reviewing the file, there is definitely stuff missing. I think Rochester will get the idea with what is there, so I don't plan to pursue it unless necessary. If Rochester needs something, I will ask them to contact the Buffalo office.)
3. I went to a friend's house on the way home and took the file in to with me to look at it with her. It took me about 5 seconds to realize NOTHING was in any sort of order. It was literally as if they threw all the papers up in the air, let them land, and then shuffled them back into a pile. I am so ANGRY about this. I called Rochester and explained the situation. I told them I wanted to make things as easy as possible for them and that I would put everything in order if that was OK. Of course, the receptionist there told me that would be appreciated. She was very apologetic that my file was such a mess. My friend and I spent over an hour going through paper by paper and putting them into order. WHAT. A. MESS.
4. I do have several questions after glancing through the file that I will mark and ask Rochester Tuesday. (I made myself a copy of my file to refer to during the consult and to keep for future reference.)
One question is regarding our sperm quality. We have always been told our samples were good. However, in the file, the "normal" sperm never reached more than 6% in any given sample. 94-96% of our sperm in each sample was ABNORMAL? Is this normal?! I don't know what I don't know about sperm quality/morphology/etc., but I do plan to ask about it. It seems weird to me.
Another question is about my June 2011 HSG test I had done AFTER my surgery to unblock my remaining right tube. The report states that the dye did not spill out the tube. Doesn't that mean the tube was still blocked? This also makes me think the "chemical" pregnancy in September 2011 could have indeed been a third ectopic. So many questions...I hope Rochester will be able to answer them all and suggest a treatment plan to move forward.
5. I will drive my file to Rochester tomorrow morning with the paperwork I filled out for them so they have time to review my file before my consult Tuesday. I will continue to review my copy of the file at home and make a list of questions.
Sorry for the scattered post. My head is spinning after today...it took all my energy to even compose my thoughts enough to post this.
Oh, and I also demanded that Buffalo do my blood work today for the IUI. I'm not due until Thursday, but was going to go tomorrow since I will be away for work through Friday. After the aggravation to get my records, I didn't want to have to go back tomorrow morning. Once I get the "official" negative result tomorrow (they drew the blood this afternoon so it won't go out until tomorrow), I hope to be done with Buffalo. Up until this point in time, I always gave them the benefit of the doubt. Now, I'm bitter and ANGRY with them. I hope I never have to return there for treatment. I don't know that I could...
No comments:
Post a Comment