Saturday, August 4, 2012

Coasting...

At my ultrasound this morning, 30 follicles measured between 12 and 15. The right side had 16, and the left 14. (For comparison - in my IVF cycle in January, we only had 12 total eggs retrieved.) 30 follicles is too many for an IUI cycle. Even taking into consideration that I don't have a left tube, 16 follicles on the right is still too many to risk IUI. The doctor is "coasting" me tonight, which means I am to take NO medication. I go back in the morning for bloodwork and ultrasound. (I've read online that coasting for more than 1-2 days can negatively impact egg quality. I've also read that coasting does not decrease chances of implantation occurring.) I will talk more with the doctor tomorrow morning about what he thinks we should do. Cancel? Convert to IVF? Coast another day and see if we can pull off an IUI?

I am feeling pain from having so many follicles. It pretty much hurts when I breathe, laugh, cough and move. As always, I will endure all of this if it means having a chance at pregnancy. As I have so many times before, I am hoping and praying this works out. I've worked so hard to get to this point and waited so long....

No comments:

Post a Comment