Friday, August 19, 2011

Control


Don't Forget to Make Today Awesome by Anita Ashfield-Salter via Etsy



Hello friends. I'm happy to report that today I find my self feeling a little better than previous days. I spent the day with my husband, who inevitably makes me laugh over the stupidest things!


I saw the psychologist who runs my support group yesterday. I realized while talking with her that I am in control of how I react to things around me, including my infertility. She suggested that I really think about and list the things I can and can't control. When I think about it, I do tend to really stress about things I have no control over. While it really feels like you have control over your body while doing infertility treatments, this canceled cycle has forced me to realize I don't. And I cannot stress about that. I need to let my body do what it does, and keep working towards being healthier and feeling well emotionally. These things, I CAN control! I also can control what I choose to do to help me cope and feel better! And something I am choosing to do is to remind myself each morning that I need to be sure to make today awesome!


In the coming week, I look forward to lunch at Red Lobster with my mother, aunt and gram for Gram's birthday. I also look forward to time with friends and acupuncture. I especially look forward to some pool time! School will be starting in two weeks, so I need to make the best of the vacation I have left!


Remember, YOU have the power to make today really awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment