While many suspect I've been canceled due to my "yeasty" lady bits, that is not the case. I'm happy to report I finished my Monistat last night and am feeling much relief.
I actually was postponed because of some paperwork confusion related to a grant that I qualified for. I don't fully understand what happened; all I know is that because of this confusion, I can't start today. I spoke to Nurse Ann yesterday around 3pm who broke the news to me. She was upset and felt terrible having to be the one to tell me. However, we reconfigured everything and I have my new calendar all worked out. Things will hopefully go down like this:
I will restart BCP Saturday (tomorrow) regardless of the fact that I have not had a period since stopping them Monday. I will continue BCP through December 26th. At 8:20am on Wednesday, December 28th I will go for my baseline. (This is all assuming everything is straightened out by then. I feel confident it will be.) I will start the stims Friday December 30th. ER and ET will fall the week of January 9th.
While this stresses me out for a couple reasons, there are definitely a couple of advantages too. First, I am stressed about everything being in January, the month during which our school play falls. I am a Drama Club advisor, and January is a busy, busy time for me. I need to let that go and come to terms with the fact that my IVF is more important. Also, I am anxious about the weather in Buffalo in January. My husband is snow-plowing this year. If the weather is bad that week and he has to go out plowing, it could add additional stress to the situation. While my husband reassured me the other day that this cycle takes priority, I know it stresses him out too.
On the plus side,
So, in the end, this isn't such a horrible situation. I've dealt with much more disappointing news in the past. This is not a big deal (or so I keep telling myself!).
Also on the plus side, I don't have to give up my wine yet! I've recently become quite addicted to Moscato. It is a white wine that is a little sweet and a little fizzy. Delicious. I've also been enjoying lemonade lately. So, in honor of my blog's title, I think I may add some vodka to these lemons that life just handed me!
It sucks that you got postponed. I hate hiccups in a plan, but it seems when you are IF there are lots of them. I have an ER date of January 3 and that would mean a baby due in late September. I am so freakin scared of this whole process and the what ifs, it's nice to have someone else out there going through the same shit. I can't wait to follow you on this journey. Hopefully we will both bring in the New Year with much to celebrate about :)
ReplyDeleteNot too much longer til you can get this going! And all the positives far outweigh all the crappy negatives...it seems that this will actually work out and be the perfect situation and time to have a baby!
ReplyDeleteGlad you are getting started later this month. GL!
ReplyDeleteBoo! I had no idea!!! It sucks but hopefully it will all work out in the end.
ReplyDeleteCheck out my blog, I gave you an award
ReplyDelete