Saturday, December 31, 2011

So long 2011!

i choose hope by agirlandherbrush


So long 2011! Hellooooooo 2012!


I'm confident 2012 is going to be a better year for us. Not that 2011 was "bad" per se, but when you are trying to conceive, each month you are unsuccessful sucks. So imagine living a year, month to month, and feeling like you are a failure every. single. month. Infertility is an emotional rollercoaster, and I want off!


Normally, on New Year's eve, I feel sad to think another year has passed. This year is different. I feel optimistic. Having just started my shots for my IVF cycle, I feel so much hope! It is a nice change from previous years. The feeling of hope and excitement - nothing beats it!


Please know that I am realistic. I imagine many fellow IFers are reading my blog after having failed IVF cycles thinking I am nuts for being so optimistic. I understand that there is a chance my cycle won't work. But given it is my ONLY chance at an IVF cycle, I am choosing to go into it with a positive attitude. Call me Polly Positive. Make fun of me. Judge me. Think me unrealistic. Laugh at me. I don't care. I'm CHOOSING how I will act and react. I am choosing to not stress over things I have no control over. I am choosing to let it be what it will be.


Let the chips fall where they may, and I'll pick up the pieces later if I need to. In the meantime, I'm going to live life and I choose HOPE!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! Being hopeful in the midst of it all is hard, but I adopted a very similar attitude during both of my IVF cycles, and both ended with two pink lines! Enjoy the journey- its a tough one, and not always super fun, but I learned so much about myself and my marriage in the depths of it. Wishing you all the best!!!

    ReplyDelete