Friday, December 30, 2011

Shot #1....check!


I just finished IVF shot #1 - 225 units Bravelle and 75 units Menopur, mixed together into 1 needle. I consider myself somewhat a pro when it comes to mixing and injecting meds. It was just like old times, except I didn't hesitate at all when it came time to inject. Usually, I have to talk to myself and reassure myself it is no big deal. Today, I simply stuck myself and injected. No self-talk necessary.


Currently, I am doing one shot per day in the evening, until we add the Ganirelix. The Ganirelix is a GnRH-antagonist used to suppress the LH surge and ovulation until the follicles are mature. I will add a daily shot of Ganirelix at some point during my stimulation cycle. When my stimulation cycle is complete, I will take a shot of Ovidrel, used to mature eggs and force ovulation. However, before ovulation actually occurs, my doctor will go in a retrieve my eggs. Then, after my egg retrieval, I will begin a daily shot of Progesterone in Oil. This shot I will not be able to do myself, as it is injected in the rear! Oh, the joys of IVF! But, I'll take every minute of it as I'm thankful to be able to complete an IVF cycle as it truly gives us our best possible chance of becoming pregnant!

4 comments:

  1. Yay for getting started, and for taking it like a champ! Looking forward to following along as things progress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! You are one step closer now. Wishing you a successful cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!! May this cycle be the one for you! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete