I'm going to ensure that 2011 goes out with a bang! That bang? Possible gallbladder surgery! Un-frigging-believable.
For the past week or so, I've had nausea and vomiting, but no other symptoms of a flu or anything. It finally got to the point I couldn't stand it anymore. I thought my doctor was closed today, so I went to Immediate Care on Transit Road in Depew. The doctor was a complete douche, and the bag it came in. He insisted I must be pregnant, even though I explained to him that was not possible. He must have missed the lecture in med school where they explained that for a woman to conceive, she must engage in intercourse. LMAO. So he did a urinalysis, which of course came back negative for pregnancy (I told you so Doc!), but did show white blood cells present. Two minutes after providing the sample, he was handing me paperwork about UTI's and whisking me out the door. I was not convinced as I don't have UTI symptoms. He also mentioned it could be silent appendicitis, but they wouldn't test for that unless I didn't get better in a couple days. Needless to say, I was very frustrated when I left there.
I drove past my doctor's office on the way home, and there were cars in the lot. So, I stopped. I asked to be seen after explaining my story. The receptionist was so nice and said of course they would squeeze me in. They closed at 12:30, and it was already 12:10. And there were 5 people waiting. After a little bit of a wait, I got in. My doctor was very concerned, given my symptoms. He had me lie down on the table, and did the appendicitis test (pushing on my lower right abdomen), and I had zero pain. Then, he pushed on the right side just under my ribcage, and I nearly went through the roof. Given my vomiting, lack of fever, nausea, and abdominal "tenderness", he strongly suspects I have gallstones. He called the ultrasound tech to come in as she was off today, but she couldn't. He encouraged a trip to the ER for an ultrasound, but after some discussion, he feels there is no imminent danger in waiting for an ultrasound until Monday. He said if I continue to feel worse or have more pain, to head to the ER and have him paged to meet me there. If it is gallstones, he wants to do surgery. He mentioned waiting until after the holidays. But then on my ride home, I thought about it and would rather do it right away so I can heal and not postpone my IVF cycle too much. Not to mention, I'm home for a week on break for Christmas and could heal then and hopefully not miss too much work.
My doctor also repeated the urinalysis. There were traces of white blood cells and blood in my urine. He told me to take a 7-day round of antibiotics to ward off whatever is going on there. But, he assured me that my symptoms are not being caused by that.
While I certainly hope that my doctor can diagnose what is causing my symptoms, I certainly hope it isn't gallstones! I go for an ultrasound Monday at 4:45.
I'm hoping I can end 2011 shooting up with Bravelle and Menopur rather than recovering from gallbladder surgery!
I hope you don't need surgery. That just stinks!!! Feel better!!! Xxooo
ReplyDelete2011 is going out kicking and screaming because it knows how awesome 2012 will be ;) Hopefully things don't end too dramatically, though, and you can chug right along into your IVF!
ReplyDelete