Tuesday, December 20, 2011

No answers...

I had my ultrasound yesterday, and while the ultrasound tech didn't say much, she did elude to the fact that she didn't see gallstones. My doctor ordered a full abdominal scan, so I asked her if she saw anything out of the ordinary. She simply replied, "Your doctor will have to give you the results.". At first, this worried me a little. But then I realized this is simply protocol. I'm sure everything was fine with the ultrasound, which is a double edged sword for me. In the meantime, I'm not feeling much better, if at all better. While I'll be happy to get a good report, it doesn't help me narrow down why I'm having so much nausea and vomiting. I'm hoping my doctor will call today with the results, and also have some suggestions as to how to get myself feeling better.

I've been thinking nonstop about what could be causing this. I've not changed anything in my diet. I have not changed/added any medications. Although, a friend mentioned that maybe the Metformin and birth control are interacting. I just am not sure about that as I've been on birth control for 2 months now and this just started. I don't know.

In the meantime, I'm trying to eat small portions of food more often throughout the day in an effort to keep something down. I did keep down some tortilla chips last night. I felt victorious! (Although, I did still have nausea which was frustrating.) I keep trying to tell myself, "mind over matter". When I get the urge to throw up, I talk to myself. Not aloud, of course. But in my head. I remind myself to breathe deeply, and that I am in control.

If this is any indication of what morning sickness will be like, all I can say is UGH. I know I will deep down be thankful for any symptom during pregnancy, but I clearly won't love everyone of them. And yes, I may even complain a little during pregnancy! Don't shoot me.

No comments:

Post a Comment