Saturday, January 14, 2012

1dp3dt

1dp3dt = 1 day post 3 day transfer.

I could tell by about 11:00 last night that this 2 week wait is going to be the longest ever. It is weird knowing that right now there are embryos in my uterus. However, infertility causes one to be irrational, so of course I keep thinking they aren't "really" in there. It is crazy-making.

The PIO shots are going well. When injected into my left side, I don't bruise at all. The right side is a whole different story. I bruise and can feel lumps under the skin already, which is slightly uncomfortable when sitting or lying down. But, I don't care! I will take every lump and bruise with pleasure to get to my end goal!

I went to acupuncture this morning to be proactive and eliminate any potential stress that may pop up. Craig, my acupuncturist, is absolutely amazing. He really invests himself into what he does. I showed him the picture of Peanut and Squirt, and he is very optimistic as well. He looks forward to hearing some good news in a couple of weeks.

I found the following chart online which I hope will help me stay sane during the next 2 weeks. Seeing as there are no physical symptoms that there are embryos in my uterus, thinking about what they are doing in there may help me stay attached to them. Weird? Maybe. But it's how I cope.

3-Day Transfer
Days Past Transfer (DPT) Embryo Development


One: The embryo continues to grow and develop, turning from a 6-8 cell embryo into a morula
Two: The cells of the morula continue to divide, developing into a blastocyst
Three: The blastocyst begins to hatch out of its shell
Four: The blastocyst continues to hatch out of its shell and begins to attach itself to the uterus
Five: The blastocyst attaches deeper into the uterine lining, beginning implantation
Six: Implantation continues
Seven: Implantation is complete, cells that will eventually become the placenta and fetus have begun to develop
Eight: Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) starts to enter the blood stream
Nine: Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted
Ten: Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted
Eleven: Levels of hCG are now high enough to detect a pregnancy

I'm relaxing in bed today and going to catch up on some shows and movies I have DVR'd. My dog is on the bed with me. While he is not a "snuggly" dog, it is nice to have him nearby. Not to mention I appreciate his body heat on the bed!

2 comments: