I'm very thankful for the people reaching out to me the past few days. Everyone keeps saying they don't know what to say, and I continually tell them that it is OK. How can someone know what to say when I don't even know what to say? While it is difficult to talk about, I would feel worse if people were avoiding talking to me about it. I need to express my feelings and get them out.
I'm most thankful for my counselor, Megan. She is out on maternity leave after having twins a little over a week ago. She has texted me several times to check on me and called me today to talk. She could've simply recommended someone else for me to see, but she went out of her way to try to help me even though she has so much on her plate. She said she certainly can refer me if I wish, but she is more than willing to talk to me over the phone. I'm so thankful for this as I don't want to go back to the beginning and relive the past three years with someone new. Megan understands all the pain and hurt infertility has dealt me. I feel like words aren't enough to express my gratitude to her.
Today is the first day I don't have Drama Club after school since November. It was a long, busy season. The kids did a great job, and we are so proud of them. But, it sure was nice to drive home during daylight hours today. It won't take long to get used to coming home at a decent hour again! But I will miss spending so much time with my wonderful friend Kym. I love Kym!!
I'm also thankful that my dear friend Melissa has returned to work. While I don't work in the same classroom as her anymore, I felt comfort knowing she was just a few doors down today. She gives the best hugs!!!! I love her too!
Megan is such an amazing person.
ReplyDeleteThinking about you! <3
What a beautiful post. Two weeks ago, my husband and I started sharing three things we're grateful for over dinner. It's become a nice tradition for us. I'm so happy you have so much support. As you know, it makes a huge difference. My therapist sounds a lot like yours-so sweet. I continue to think of you. I hope you have a good day today :)
ReplyDeleteJen, I'm so glad you are still posting. I would hate it if you just disappeared and were trying to deal with this by yourself. You have so many people who care about you! I think of you all the time.
ReplyDeleteYour post has inspired me to seek out some kind of support group or counselor. I can see how important Megan is for helping you deal with this... and I can imagine myself traveling down a similar path in the future.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing this with us.
Jen, I just wanted to say that I know *exactly* how hard this is and I am thinking about you. xoxo.
ReplyDelete