Tuesday, January 10, 2012

ER

Sorry I didn't post sooner today to update everyone. I woke up this morning with a KILLER headache. I thought for sure I was going to throw up from it. It took all my mental concentration to not heave the whole ride to the office.

We left home at about 7:20am, 5-10 minutes behind schedule. But, I'm so proud of myself because I didn't let that stress me out! We arrived at the clinic at 7:50, 5 minutes late and were taken right back to a room. We went over everything, and then they started the IV. The nurse had a hard time locating my vein, so she had the anesthesiologist put the IV in. Another couple arrived, and I thought we were before them. Turns out, we were scheduled to go after them. My husband was disappointed as he gets very anxious at doctor's offices. He couldn't wait to get out of there! So we sat and chatted a bit, and then it was time to go back. I kissed my husband, and headed into the room.

The whole procedure took about 20 minutes. I got into the room, positioned on the table, and then they administered the silly juice. I felt it right away, and out I went! I woke up at the end and remember saying "Am I supposed to feel that?". The doctor assured me he was simply placing some pressure on my cervix. I have no idea why. A few short seconds later, he was finished! I immediately asked how many eggs we got, and the doctor told me 10!!

I went back to my little recovery room, had some Squirt and cookies, and got ready to go home. The doctor came in a said that everything went well and that we triggered at the perfect time. Of the 10 eggs, 8 were at a perfect metaphase stage 2. He is very optimistic, as are we! We joked a little bit with the doctor about how I blog about this and show everyone my ultrasound pictures, and he and my husband agreed I am crazy!

My husband then asked what happens if all 8 fertilize. He asked if we put all 8 back. LMAO - shows you how well he listens to me when I talk to him! The doctor and I laughed, and then the doctor explained to dear husband that we will "only" be putting back 2.

My husband then went and got the truck while the nurse wheeled me down. On the way home, we stopped at Walmart as we needed a few things. After walking around Walmart, my head was pounding even harder and I was cramping pretty heavily. I was also starving at this point and needed to eat. So we stopped at Zorba's for a hotdog and fries! The perfect post-surgery food! We stopped at the pharmacy and filled the Lortab script, and the Valium script for the day of my transfer. I only filled the Lortab script to help my headache. The pain from the procedure wasn't that bad. But my head was. And you can't take Advil or Ibuprofen. And Tylenol does nothing for headaches for me! I came home, laid in bed, took a Lortab and promptly went to sleep. I woke up a couple hours later feeling better. My head still has a residual headache feeling, but overall, I'm much better. I plan on going to work tomorrow. Although I anticipate being sore still, I can't see using another sick day. I will just take it easy.

Embryo transfer (ET) will be Friday morning. My husband will go with me to that too. (I'm not allowed to drive on the Valium - although either way, I would want him there!)

I will start the Progesterone in Oil shots tomorrow morning. These go in the rear. My dear friend is going to do them for me on my way to work because my husband cannot handle needles, AT ALL. He can't even look at them without freaking out. So, I will leave home about half an hour earlier than usual each morning until I can stop the PIO shots (hopefully 12 weeks!) to stop at my friends house to get injected. I am so incredibly lucky to have such wonderful friends.

I think that covers all the details of the day! I'm so glad everything went so well. I will continue to rest on the couch tonight, and head to bed early.

Thank you all for your positive thoughts and prayers! And your comments...I love reading comments on my blog!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad everything went well. Friday will be here before you know it. so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, I am so freaking excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! I smiled the whole time I was reading! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete