SquirtI'm happy to introduce Peanut and Squirt to you, my wonderful and dedicated readers! These are the two embryos we gently placed back into my uterus this morning. Of our 7 perfect embryos, 6 made it to 8 cell stage as of today. We placed two back, and the other 4 will continue to be monitored in the lab. If they meet certain criteria by day 6, they will be frozen. So, please keep praying for our other 4 embryos. I really hope they hold strong and can be frozen. The doctor will let me know Tuesday if any were able to be frozen.
I felt a mixed bag of emotions this morning. I felt relief, peace, excitement, nervousness, happiness, among others. I cried when they placed the embryos back inside of me. The process was easy. I took a Valium about 30 minutes before to help relax the cervix. I guess it did the job, because everything went smoothly. My doctor is very optimistic. And he assured me he wasn't blowing smoke up my ass!!!
My husband was able to join me, despite the fact it was (and still is) snowing like a banshee. After dropping me off at home, he quickly left again to go plow. I'm so very thankful he came with me. It meant the world to me. Although I'm a little sad about being home alone all day. Not to mention my husband always cooks for me. Today, I'm on my own. (Insert whining sound here...)
I'm so thankful and grateful that I've been given this opportunity to complete this IVF cycle. I continue to hope and pray that this brings us our take home baby! I continue to feel really optimistic about this cycle!
I'd also like to thank ALL my friends and family who have supported me through this whole process. I continue to need support as I enter the 2 week wait, the hardest part of a cycle, so don't forget about me!
I will continue to do the progesterone in oil shot each morning. THANK YOU to my dear friend Lori who is doing them for me! I'm so thankful to her for helping me with this since my husband can't handle needles at all. Although, he did tell me he could do it if he closed his eyes. Let me think about that...dear husband coming at me with a 2" needle aimed at my rear with his eyes closed? No, thank you!
My hcg (pregnancy hormone) bloodtest is scheduled for Friday, January 27th. 14 days from today. That seems so far away. I hope I can remain sane during these coming weeks!
Again, thank you everyone! I never would have had the strength to make it this far without your support!

Congratulations on being PUPO! Here's to hoping the next 14 days pass quickly!
ReplyDelete:) Congrats!! What an exciting/nervous time! Praying the snuggle in tight!!
ReplyDeletePraying for you Jen! Will you POAS before then? I've been thinking about it and I am just too impatient to wait. Technically I could start POAS Saturday following the transfer. I just couldn't help myself and checked for you too, you could start testing Friday. Two weeks is so far away! Either way my fingers and toes are crossed for you :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats! I'm glad everything went smoothly! I hope the next two weeks pass quickly! :)
ReplyDeleteI am SO excited for you, Jen! I will continue praying!!
ReplyDeleteWonderful......I will be thinking of you so much!!!! Praying!
ReplyDeleteLovely embabies! GL!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck! Hope Peanut and Squirt are making themselves at home!
ReplyDelete