Monday, January 9, 2012

ER tomorrow morning!

At 7:45am I am to report for my egg retrieval (ER)! I'm so very excited and thankful to be at this point! I never thought that this would become a reality. I just took my 2 Doxycycline pills (antibiotic) with dinner.

For more information on the ER process, check out this website: http://www.advancedfertility.com/aspiration.htm

In a nutshell, I will report tomorrow morning with "the goods" that my husband will provide at home into a sample cup. I will be sedated with anesthesia, and they will retrieve all my eggs. Then, I will wake up and be monitored for about an hour. They will let me know at this point how many eggs they retrieved. Then I will go home to rest. I may have some minor bleeding and some cramping. They will then fertilize the eggs and will call me Wednesday morning with a report on how things look and how many eggs fertilized. We will return to the clinic Friday to have the best looking 2 embryos of the bunch transfered back into my uterus. From there, we pray for implantation. This is what I know of the process from what I've been told by the doctor, IVF nurses and friends. I will be sure to provide an account of my experience tomorrow!

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers!

3 comments: